This is a bread in name only, as it’s baked in loaf pans. It’s more of a dessert (serve slices with ice cream!). You could also use other types of baking pans. The recipe makes two loaves.
1-1/2 c sugar
3 large eggs
1 c vegetable oil
2 c grated zucchini
1 T vanilla extract
3 c flour
1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t baking powder
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease two 5- x 9-inch loaf pans.
2. Combine sugar, eggs, and oil in a large bowl. Beat until well blended. Wrap zucchini in a dish towel and squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Add to mixture along with vanilla (yes, 1 tablespoon).
3. In another bowl, (sift) combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and baking powder.
4. Add the flour mixture to the zucchini mixture and stir just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
5. Bake the loaves for 1 hour, or until a tester inserted in the centers comes out clean.
6. Cool the breads on wire racks for 10 minutes. Invert onto the racks and cool completely.