Simple, delicious. The honey adds a nice touch.
1 medium to large celeriac, peeled
2 medium to large apples, (peeled)
1 T lemon juice
2 T olive oil
1 T liquid honey (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF. Have ready an 8-inch x 8-inch baking pan or equivalent.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Quarter the celeriac, then thinly slice. Add slices to boiling water, reduce heat to a brisk simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, until the slices have softened some. Drain celeriac in a colander.
3. Meanwhile, cut apples in half and core. Thinly slice. Put into a bowl and drizzle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
4. When the celeriac has drained and is relatively dry, add to the bowl with the apples. Gently combine. Stir in the olive oil.
5. Transfer the celeriac/apple mixture to the baking pan. Smooth out the top. Drizzle with the honey. Bake for 30 minutes, until the celeriac is soft and the apples are starting to brown.