Our shares have sold out for the last six years. We need a hard working crew so we can grow and meet the demand for our shares. The primary responsibility for the field crew is to be quick and effective cultivators and harvesters. Most of the day will be spent weeding, harvesting, washing and packing vegetables. Some general farm work is involved. We harvest most of the crops the day they are distributed so it is essential that the harvest is finished quickly so that the truck can leave on time.
This is a full time seasonal position (April through Thanksgiving). Pay is based on the performance and experience of the candidate ($7.50-$12.00hr). During the peak season (May though Thanksgiving) the work-week is Monday through Friday for ten hours a day. Health insurance is provided the second year of employment. Housing is available locally.
The candidate must possess the stamina to work long hours, a positive attitude and enjoy working with others. Vegetable farming experience is preferred.
Field and Winter Share Manager
• Prepare share for delivery.
• Schedule driver and be available for relief driving.
• Keep records of crops distributed.
• Maintain GAP standards.
• Cultivate crops.
• Monitor plants for insect, disease and fertility problems. Correct as necessary.
• Assist with CSA and farmers market harvest.
• Manage irrigation.
• Assist in all farm tractor tasks including spreading compost, cover cropping and tillage.
• Responsible for running the farm when the owner/operators are away. This includes livestock care.
• Responsible for the Buffalo Winter Farmers Market (November-April).
• Responsible for the Winter CSA.
• Able to work 50 plus hours a week during the peak season.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Goal oriented with a history of achieving personal and professional goals.
• At least two years of vegetable farming experience.
• Ability to harvest greens quickly.
Hours: Full-time with more hours during the growing and harvest months.
• Partial health insurance
• Vegetable and fruit share
• 401K program
Housing: Available locally to rent.
How to Apply:
Send a copy of your resume and cover letter along with references to the farm by post or email. If you have any questions please email stew [at] nativeofferings [dot] com. No phone calls please.